Construction Lead – Rail
Category 5 Labour Management is a leading provider of Rail, Marine, Industrial Services and Trades personnel throughout Australia and New Zealand.
Our client is a highly acclaimed mining company , based in Port Hedland , they are responsible for executing Capital and Operational works across multiple worksites on a rail network spanning approximately 450kms.
The role is responsible for executing large-scale capital and operation expenditure track works including Re Rail, Track Renewal/Reconstruction, turnout and cross over renewal, rail stress management and rail civil works.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop execution proposals for the scope of works delivered by the respective project managers
- Use input from track specialists, and track, civil, signals & safety supervisors to develop execution proposals (schedules, resources, methodologies)
- Management of resources to deliver the track renewals scope of work (essentially management of plant and people
- Assist with allocation of track and civil supervisors to packages of work so they can manage execution duties (work packs, work management, supervision)
- Plan people resources for works including track, civil, TPOs, welding, surfacing, surveying, quality testing, traffic management
- Plan equipment resources to ensure sufficient equipment for works
- Engagement with key contractors to ensure sufficient resources are maintained for the track renewals teams
- Responsible for correct planning and preparation for execution (overall completion of work management, resources booked and allocated, plan developed and communicated to key stakeholders, confirm accommodation booked, equipment movements coordinated)
- Utilize support resources to ensure all planning tasks are done (logistics officers, maintenance supervisors, track specialists & supervisors)
- Demonstrated experience in construction and execution planning (experience with track maintenance/renewal works desirable)
- Risk management in execution works (track works desirable)
- Track Renewal/Construction and or maintenance practices/methodologies
- Sound knowledge of Railroad Operating Rules and industry standards (safety and quality)
- Good planning skills and the ability to oversee projects to successful completion
- Work management practices
- Demonstrated field based supervision
- Current full West Australian “C” class motor vehicle license or current equivalent Australian State motor vehicle license.
- Construction management/planning qualifications (Track construction highly desirable)
- Large scale capital and operational works
- Ongoing opportunity
- One of the largest Rail Networks in the world
Contract or Temp
Monday 19 October, 2020