Category 5 Labour Management is a locally owned and operated labour hire business, supplying trades, labour and maintenance personnel to various industries.
Category Five are currently seeking a manufacturing supervisor for a steel plant based in Perth’s Eastern Suburbs. This will be a full time opportunity for the right applicant. The position will see the successful candidate working within a diverse and productive team and presents fantastic new opportunities.
You’ll be working locally for a great company and great conditions.
The successful candidate will have the following licenses/ tickets and qualifications
- Strong supervision/Leadership experience
- Ability to use initiative ( can do attitude )
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work afternoons
- Strong work ethic
- Consultative approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to read drawings
- Competent computer skills
- Prepared to be hands on
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience in fabrication environment
- Ability to pass a D&A screen
As part of the role, your main responsibilities and experience will include but aren’t limited too:
- Monitor progress relating to fabrication completion dates and budget hours
- Timesheet review and management
- Estimating of hours to complete work packages and report potential schedule conflicts
- Monitor delivery of materials
- PEOPLE MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP:
- Evaluate and manage resource levels to ensure optimum productivity
- Manage production staff – task allocation, performance management
- QUALITY MANAGEMENT & CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT:
- Ensure products and services meet set QMS and associated documentation is completed on time
- Assist with HSE supervision of the workshop including tool box meetings, and ensure safe work practices are undertaken at all times
You will become part of the critical processes in the manufacturing team. Ensuring production continues to meet targets and quality remains high.
With our commitment to achieving a diverse workforce, we strongly encourage Female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants.
- Permanent position
- Bassendean location
- National company