Cat 5 Rail is an Australian owned success story, a leading provider of full-service railway infrastructure, delivering multi-discipline rail projects from design and engineering, construction and maintenance across Australis and New Zealand.
It’s an exciting time at Cat5 Rail in NSW as we are growing and expanding across the state. We have an opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Project Engineer – Rail Systems to join our dynamic team based in our Melbourne Office. We are seeking candidates with the below experience to effectively coordinate the design, and construction elements for our projects to ensure safety, time, cost, and environmental objectives.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide project engineering, including planning, costing, contract management, construction management, testing and commissioning, and quality, safety and environmental management and advice.
- Identifying and managing risks associated with the design and delivery of rail systems ensuring risk-based approach is adhered too.
- Reviewing and compliance of the project/s components including drawings, reports, specifications, and the interfaces with other disciplines.
- Ensure procurement of all components and materials is in accordance with relevant standards and specifications and delivery to site in accordance with the construction program.
- Implement Project Engineering techniques and challenging designs to obtain better value for money solutions.
Experience & Qualifications
- Preferably 5+ years’ experience in similar role – required experience including minimum 5+ years in track works and additional experience in Overhead Line Engineering (OLE) will be highly desired.
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering – Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, or similar
- Experience constructing heavy haul, freight, passenger, metro, and light railways (Ballasted and slab tracks)
- Highly beneficial and advantageous if the right candidate has experience constructing 1500 Vdc or 25KVA traction power systems.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Competent computer skills with all the Office/Windows packages (Word, Excel, SharePoint, Teams, Decisions, Planner) and P6
- Good commercial acumen
- Solid organization and time-management skills
- Ability to work in fast paced work environments.
- Possess great attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Be exceptionally organised, with a strong ability to multi-task and prioritise under pressure.
- Have good interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Be a team player.
What’s on Offer
- Fun and energetic office environment with a fantastic company culture – we want you to enjoy coming to work – WE DO!
- Competitive salary on offer – negotiable based on experience.
- Opportunity to grow our business into the future.
This is an opportunity to help shape the growth of our business in New South Wales; these opportunities don’t come around often!
With our commitment to achieving a diverse workforce, we strongly encourage Female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants.
For a confidential discussion please contact Alanna on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Great team culture – we love coming to work and want you too as well
- Permanent full-time opportunity
- Highly competitive salary on offer, negotiable based on experience